Monday, May 21, 2018

Update on Canadiana

The image and text below are from about a week ago (link and paragraph break added).

Getting ready for East Coast Comic Expo this weekend! I just picked up our books and prints we'll be selling. Really pleased with the result Pressed 4 Time Printing did. Great job! 
These books have the Canadiana story from the original 2005 web series, (written by Mark Shainblum, pencilled by Jeff Alward, and inked/colored by me) as well as a preview of the brand new adventures. This is the first time in print for Canadiana, and I can't think of a better place to premiere it than the ECCE. 
The above was written in the Blu Haus Studio Facebook group. I have to assume that the "me" referred to above as inker/colourist is Holly Noel since she's the only other Blu Haus member named

A work-in-progress print was displayed months ago as well.


Looks like Canadiana is building herself a team!

I believe that is The Martlet in flight at bottom left, a character that was first revealed (to the best of my knowledge) as an entry in the second Epic Canadiana (no connection to the the character above) anthology from Cloudscape.

That I recall, she ultimately didn't appear (I really need to revisit that book...And to tone down on the parentheses) but from what little I know of her, I'm quite pleased to see her still in play. She sounds like she could be an interesting character with some fairly unique qualities.

If you're not familiar with her, see if you can guess what they are just from the image above.  It's a rare thin among comic book characters.